Thursday, August 11, 2016

about the holiday

                                    Waikaka


Slowly the sun comes up in the morning. me and my brother  and dad we got ready to go out to Waikaka to work with my dad to go help with the wood and the sheep. My dad had to shear the sheep so they can get ready to go on the big truck. First  had to hold the steel box with a motor in it that the shavers plug in with a genirater. Meanly the sheep tried to kick me with its hooves  then i move fast like a cheater. suddenly my dad pulled the sheep away so it doesn't hurt me.


My dad chopped down three big trees. Quickly he cut them in half. Whetu and I picked the heavy wood up and put it on my dad’s boss’s toyota. Dad and Whetu and I jumped in the truck and took the wood to my dads bosses house. The man had to drive the huge truck slowly because there were bumps.At last we got the wood off and put it in a pile in the corner of the big huge yard.

When we done the hard work we got $20 dollars each.

I am proud of my writing because I used lots of good vocabulary. I used the sentence starters. I find that tricky. I am going to try and do my capital letters next time.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic piece of writing Arapata!
    I was so impressed by your sentence starters like Slowly and Meanly and Quickly.
    You and Whetu must have worked super hard because $20 is a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete